Friday, March 2, 2012

Drunk Kitchen and Oodles of Trash

Last night was cray.  CRAY, I TELL YOU.  First of all, as I've mentioned before, Thursdays SUCK.  So hard.  My friend Shannon and I had a midterm at the end of that marathon day and afterwards we were like, fuck it-- it's time for drunk kitchen.  Because what's better than drinking and making breakfast for dinner after a long day of schlepping around at UVM?  Nothing, that's what.  So we scampered off to the Marche for breakfast materials and I ended up finding curly fries in the trash.  A great start to a great night of great food.

Curly fries, FTW!

Breakfast consisted of eggs with a smorgasbord of vegetables mixed in, along with toast and salsa.  The hunks of veggies were huge, but who has time to cut shit up when you're hungry and impatient?!  The concoction turned out wonderfully, which isn't surprising because breakfast is hard to mess up.  That's probably why I find myself eating it 3 meals a day.  Seriously.  Can't get enough uh' that brekkieeeee. 

Sidenote: They say the way to a man's heart is his stomach.  Well, the way to my heart is oatmeal.  Fo realz.  I could eat that goop every day for the rest of eternity.

This looks gooky and disgusting, but I assure you it wasn't gooky and disgusting when we ate it.



Drunk kitchen project #2: COOOOOKAYS!  But here's the problem: we ate most of the dough before even preheating the oven (typical).  SO.  Taylor kindly donated some cake mix she had lying around and we got creative.  We made cupcakes in those adorable crown thingies and then ate it with maple syrup.  That blobby thing in the pan is a base layer of the leftover cookie dough, cake mix layered on top of that, and then with a sprinkle of granola on top.  It was heavenly and I felt like throwing up afterwards.

Sidenote: Another way to my heart-- show me things in or on adorable other things.  Examples: cake in rubber crown cup thingies, people riding pygmy ponies, babies in animal costumes, crocheted stuff on smiley grandmas, etc.  Anyway.  Back to food.

And here's where the crazy starts.  LOOK AT ALL THAT STUFF FROM THE TRASH.  A cornucopia of wasted sustenance.  A plethora of unwanted goodness.  A superfluity of half-full snacks.  Since not everything is immediately visible in the picture, I'll list it all out for ya.
- Tortilla chips
- Sea salt and cracked pepper kettle cooked chips (FAVORITE)
- Family-sized box of Cheez-its
- Half a loaf of french bread
- 2 boxes of (opened) Annie's mac and cheese, but the cheese packet was unopened.
- Honey barbeque Frito twists.
- A box of glazed pop 'em donut holes

I kept the pasta and some of the bread (upon close inspection, there was a bit of mold starting, but a lot of slices were fine).  All the other stuff I left out in the kitchen for everyone to enjoy.  Just because you find stuff in the trash doesn't mean you're obligated to eat it.  There's sure to be someone else who will.








No comments:

Post a Comment