Thursday, March 8, 2012

How to entertain yourself with a loaf of old bread.

I've been at home for the majority of this break, so most of my self-occupying options have just about been worn out.  I've knocked off a few books on my to-read list, rearranged the furniture in my room, drove around Mo-Vegas aimlessly, figured out that whole gluten thang, did some arts and crafts, learned to tap dance (if you call flailing around the kitchen in tap shoes "dancing"), etc etc.  I'm not one to get bored, but sometimes in order to entertain oneself, you hafta get... creative.  Thus, I give you my day full of bread-related activities.

Remember that gimungo loaf of bread I found right before break?  Yeah, well, it only got half-eaten before I went guten-free and now has a tiny, singular spot of mold.  SOOOO.....


Any normal American would've tossed that chunk of wheat days ago, but I say you might as well play with it.  I say go ahead and squeeze all the fun you can out of that head-sized brick of forbidden deliciousness.

Fun activity #1: Cat breading.  Why not bread Elsa again?  She loves it.  (No but, for real-- she didn't seem to mind all that much).  Doesn't she look like a gluten angel with that bread halo?  D'awww.


Fun activity #2: Unleash your inner architect.  Grab yo' glue gun and build some houses.  Throw in some cute little bread people while you're at it.  How adorable.


Fun activity #3: Feed the birds.  Or....the stuffed penguin.  Whatever.


Fun activity #4: Bread goggles.  Self explanatory.  


Fun activity #5: Frisbee that shit.  All over the place.  In the house, out in the yard-- this activity is not limited to one space.  You can throw bread wherever you want.


Well, that's the end of the loaf, so I guess the show's over.  

3 comments:

  1. I can't stop cracking up, bread goggles? REALLY?! genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are my soul mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come over and bring bread to play with, si vous please.

      Delete