Monday, March 5, 2012

Oh, Gluten, I Shall Miss Thee!

Here comes a downer post.  Ready?  OKAY!  How about in haiku form to make it more fun to read?  YEAH!

Gluten-free is tough.
It's in fucking EVERYTHING.
Sigh. Pass the rice cakes.

You know what this means?
Trash-eating days are over.
Should I keep blogging?

Most of what I find
is gluten deliciousness,
Oh, the temptation!

Veggies, nuts, and fruit.
That's about all I can eat.
How will I survive?


Thoughts?  Encouragement?
Take over my legacy!
Trash-eaters unite!

Alright, haiku time over.  But seriously-- there's such a limited range of food being gluten, dairy, and meat-free.  (If my recent diet change is news to you, go check the previous blog post for a bit more info on WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE).  I don't think I'll be able to break the habit of glancing in the trash every time I walk by, but I won't be able to eat most of what I find, so I suppose I'll just share all of it with everyone else.  You lucky people!  Enjoy your ability to process gluten!  Don't take it for granted!  Cherish every bite of pizza, challah bread, and greasy diner toast!


Alright, anywho.  On to the bit of free food that dropped into my lap today.  Our family outing today took us to Montpelier, VT where we rambled aimlessly and ended up at the movies.  Mom and I scored some free Whoppers by saying we did not support articles 10 and 11, which will add an additional 1% tax to city’s sales and meal tax.  At the time, neither of us knew what articles 10 and 11 were, but when there are free Whoppers on the line, we'd say anything.  I'm staying with my choice to give up chocolate for lent (I've fallen off the wagon a few times...SO WHAT), so I didn't eat any, but my dad and brother were more than happy to take over.

Whoppers, oh, Whoppers--
You've such spherical allure.
Mmm, chocolate gluten.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I'm glad we had
    Our magical Friendly Toast
    Before you got broke-d.

    ReplyDelete