Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day Luck!

Happy Leap Day!  Happy Wednesday!  Happy 5th birthday, Megan and Allie!  Happy day full of free food!  Firstly, my dad and brother took a trip to good ol' Btown just to see my face and take me out for lunch.  Just kidding, my dad had a meeting and my brother was bored.  Typical.  But it was great to see them anyway!  We went to Denny's and had a typical Demars family-style meal involving picky eating, nonsense babble, and squabbling over non-consequential crap.  I had the veggie skillet, which looks like a big plop of bird poop on a pile of vegetables, but was actually quite good (read on for more about bird poop.... dun dun DUUNNNN.  Just wait).


Then, there was leftover chocolate, gluten-free cake in celebration of Allie's leap year birthday!  Speaking of chocolate though, I have an announcement to make:
I've given up chocolate for lent.  
I'm not religious, I just like the idea of trying to go without something that is part of a regular routine or way of life.  It's way harder than I anticipated.  I've fallen off the wagon twice-- once was unintentional (I mixed hot chocolate and coffee, like I usually do) and then tonight I (intentionally) had a spoonful of chocolate frosting because it was staring at me and who can say no to Betty Crocker?  But hey-- every day is a new one, and it's the effort that counts, so don't beat me up about it, kay?!


As for food found in the trash, I found a FANTASTIC salad.  Because I'm obsessed with finding the best quality food on campus, I know it's the cheddar/apple/walnut/craisin salad from Waterman Cafe-- which happens to be my salad of choice this week.  Most of the cheddar cheese squares and apples were picked out, but all the candied walnuts and craisins were still in there and there was no salad dressing, so... dream come true.


Okay, time for a random, non-food related story: a bird pooped on Mady's head today.  The end.  She thought it was hilarious and "lucky."  Weirdo. 





No comments:

Post a Comment