Thursday, March 15, 2012

Feelin' Kelpy.

Things getting me through my torturous 3 hour night class at the moment:
2) Taking notes.
3) Wait, did I say taking notes?  I meant taking photobooth pictures.  They're basically the same thing, right?  Yeah...
4) Stalking Shannon's blog, which she's writing right next to me.  Go check itttt: http://semifilteredthoughts.blogspot.com/
5) Drooling over gluten-free recipes on "why can't wheat be friends?"  (Get it?  Wheat? We?  HA.)  Hellooo, gluten-free nutella swirl cupcakes!
6) Seaweed salad.  Yum.  Nothin' like a good chunk of aquatic plant to keep you occupied.

Because I have a knack for finding free food and stock up on groceries every once in a while, I have a shit ton of meal plan points left.  At the end of the semester, those points don't roll over to next year, so I've been getting more adventurous (and generous) with my food-buying.  A few days ago, I stumbled upon this mysterious container of green stringy stuff in the sushi section of the Marche.  I was like, "sure, what the heck, I'll eat some Old Greg hair."  And thus, my new obsession with wakame seaweed salad was born.  And I don't think it's gonna be going away.  

It comes packaged fresh from Sunja's Oriental food store in Waterbury, so it's a bit on the expensive side. Anything that the Marche employees don't schlep together themselves costs a ridiculous amount.  A can of beans?  $3.50.  A jar of pasta sauce?  $5.19.  And so on.  Ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment