Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Day in the Food Life.

Y'all wanna see what's happenin' in my new diet? 

Breakfast
Alright, I'm warning ya, this is going to sound disgustingly healthy, to the point of barfing.  But it's actually pretty darn good.  Once I finished mourning the fact that I'm not ingesting pure sugar in the form of froot loops or waffles, this crap is good.

Oatmeal with walnuts, raisins, and a touch of maple syrup.  Oh, and a few tablespoons of ground flax or pumpkin seed tossed in there for some craaaaaazy fiber and sneaky protein.  Sometimes the oatmeal is accompanied by a weirdo combination of fruits vegetables that my mom turns into juice.  The one pictured is a carrot/apple/spinach juice.
And then 30 oz. water.  BLARGH.


Lunch
Lunch changes pretty much daily.  Because I get bored.  Yesterday, it was this great lemon quinoa tabouleh.  Quinoa is wonderful-- it tastes like it should be chock full o' gluten, but it's not!  Magic!  Other times, it's rice cakes with almond butter or a can of beans or eggs or something.  Whatever floats mah boat, you knowwww.
Aaaaand another 30 oz. of water.  Geez.


Shnacks!
Okay, here's where I really had to switch things up.  My go-to snack was yogurt or something gluten-y I found in the trash, but now it's mostly nuts and veggies with hummus.  Before, I would limit my intake of nuts and peanut butter because of the high caloric and fat content, but now I'm trying to break that habit and eat boatloads of 'em.  

Dinner
Last night, I headed to Moe's with my friend Tarah and we ogled at the menu for a while trying to find something gluten and dairy-free in the wasteland of burritos and cheese.  I ended up with a tofu rice bowl, mixed with veggies and guacamole.  AND IT WAS FREE!  Remember that time I was determined to run all over Burlington gathering the free food restaurants give on your birthday?  Well, Moe's gives you a coupon for a free birthday dinner, so I redeemed it and it was fine even though my birthday was a month ago.  BOOOOOYAH!  Happy happy gal.  And the rice bowl was so good I can't even describe it.  Let's just say it would be on the top of my list even if I wasn't gluten free.
Ope, and more water of course.


Dessert
Gluten-free cupcakes!  Unexpectedly delicious.  My mom went out and got a few gluten-free mixes-- cake, cookies, scones.  Gonna have to start experimenting...


Now, what's up with all that water, you ask?  Well, lemme tell ya.  I feel like I'm drowning.  I'm supposed to drink half my bodyweight in ounces, so roughly 70-75oz....which is about 65 oz more than I usually drink on any given day.  That's been the hardest change.  I'm so sick of peeing.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. you already pee so much... I don't think vermont can handle you right now.

    ReplyDelete