Thursday, March 29, 2012

GWAPEES.

Howdy, y'all.  Comin' atcha from another Thursday night 3-hour lecture class in which I never ever pay attention.  I do try my darndest to take notes and participate in the discussion, but I can only stay awake so long when we're talking about germline alteration.  The internet is so much more interesting.

Since this is a food blog, I'll talk about what I'm a-snackin' on.  GWAPEES.  Now, lemme tell ya about UVM grapes.  They're great, but they cost an arm and a leg.....and another leg, and your left ear, and your firstborn son.  The little plastic cup pictured below costs a whopping $4.07 points.  What the heck, right?!  An entire BAG of grapes at the grocery store costs like $6 or $7....so why does a little cup cost so much?  I'm outraged!  Ridiculously unhappy!  On the verge of rioting!  Ready to whoop some Marche butt!


I bet you're wondering how I keep surviving this class every week.  Here's a list of fun crap I  stare at on the internet within the duration of this class.

1) Weird shit on Etsy.  Here're some examples:
- Barette made out of a toothbrush.
- Bunk bed made out of a zamboni.
- Peach pit covered in gemstones.

2) "Penguin Cam" from the San Diego Seaworld.  I just watched these boring penguins do absolutely nothing for 20 minutes and I consider that time well-spent.  Go watch those adorable penguins HERE.  (Shout out to Mr. Franck for this wonderful discovery).

3) The new Justin Bieber song, "Boyfriend."  It's awful.  But for some reason, I keep listening to it.  With lyrics like "swag swag swag...on you" and "Imma make you shine bright like you're laying in the snow, brr," how can you not play it on repeat?  He's obviously a musical genius.

4) This great dane waking up from a nap.  Why?  WHY NOT.  It was ridiculous enough to make me laugh in the middle of a serious lecture, so I figure it's blog-worthy.

5) These hilarious e-cards that I spend too much time guffawing about.  (This one is particularly relevant, as I'm heading to go see the Hunger Games for the second time right after this god-awful lecture).

6) Let's all go get naked and visit the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia.  Who's with me?!

7) EWWWWWW, BUGS.  Ehh, okay, some of 'em are kinda cute.  But seriously-- these things exist.  Blowin' my mind, guys.

8) And the old stand-by, the Wikipedia list of unusual deaths.  Some people are just so gosh darn unlucky... drowning in human feces, suffocating for 8 days in a box of rice, crushed by a box of quarters, etc... and then there's Rasputin in 1916 who JUST WOULDN'T DIE.  

Anyway, hope you're having a HAPPY THURSDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment