Monday, March 12, 2012

Diners & Dessert

Yesterday was the last day of spring break, so my mom and I headed out to breakfast at my favorite diner, the Village Restaurant in Hardwick, VT.  It's the gosh darn cutest little diner in the world.  It's not especially well-decorated, it's small, and you can tell it's seen better days, but I love it for some reason.  And it's always the same two people working-- one cook, one waitress.  Always.  I ordered a veggie omelette (no cheese) and homefries, but I had to refuse the toast.  Sad, sad day-- their toast is to DIE for.  Homemade bread.  Drool.  My mom got eggs, homefries, bacon, and also refused the toast.  


The cook is a goofball and not afraid to comment on what you're eating, what he overheard you saying, etc.  When I was taking the picture, he called out something along the lines of, "No cheese, no bread, why take a picture of it?!"  I told him I was dairy and gluten free and he was semi-satisfied.  I agree though-- no good diner breakfast is complete without a slab of toast.  Sigh.


I went outside for a run and came back to find MUFFINS cooling on the counter.  I leave the house for half an hour and look what happens!  That place is magic, I tell ya!  Also within that time span, Elsa the demon cat pooped on my bed.  Sooo...I guess things balance out.


We had dessert for dinner: gluten-free strawberry shortcake.  Ope, here comes that drool again.


No comments:

Post a Comment