Sunday, February 12, 2012

The 3-Day Kitchen Rule

Here's a general rule I try to live by: don't eat other people's food unless you're pretty sure they're done with it.  And that's a very fine line.   For example, I live right across the hall from the floor kitchen where there will often times be wonderful food items left in there, either forgotten or just left for a quick sec while more ingredients are gathered.  It may be tempting to swipe anything you see just sitting in there, but I, as a college student and member of the respectable human race, try to have more class than that.  Therefore, I lIve by the 3-day kitchen rule: you must give a 3-day grace period in which the owner of the food item can retrieve it from the kitchen, or someone less patient can grab it, or whatever.  Basically, let it do its thang there in the kitchen for 3 days and only then is it acceptable to claim it as your own.

Today, I claimed these tortillas from the kitchen as my very own.  <3
There're gonna be some killer breakfast burritos in the near future.

Also, last night my friend Taylor went out on a hawt date and came back with a buncha salad left, so she gave it to me instead of throwing it away and I am forever grateful.  It looks like a pretty shitty salad in that picture below, but that's because I forgot to take a picture until after I had excitedly eaten all the good junk in it.  Whoopsies.  You can't blame me, though-- chunked tomatoes and hardboiled eggs are exciting things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment