Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Tale of the Elusive Grapes

Well, I failed pretty hard today.  
There I was, on my way out of Waterman Cafe when I stopped to look in the trash, just out of habit.  I peered in, saw one of those to-go cups still half full of grapes, and was like, "YEAHHH!"  And then I looked up and there were a bunch of people staring at me because:
1) I had just screamed at the trash can.
2) My hand was still in the trash.
3) I happened to be wearing a garishly flower-patterned 50's style dress that makes me look like a school-marmish, box-shaped weirdo.  In fact, who let me outta the dorm wearing that thing?!  Sheesh.

So then, with everyone looking at me, my first instinct was to whip my hand out of the trash and run... which is pretty much what I did.  Sans grapes.  There was no way I was gonna reach back in and take that container now that the spotlight was on me.  
So, to summarize: didn't get any grapes, put myself in an awkward situation (as usual), and apparently got dressed in the dark this morning.  Awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment