Sunday, February 19, 2012

FEEEEEEEED ME, SEYMOUR

Guess what, world?!  More free food, that's what!

Let's backtrack a bit, since I've been a-slackin' on the updates this weekend.  Last Friday, I came back to the dorms to find this bag of blueberry lemon loose leaf tea sitting on the kitchen table.  A friend of mine wasn't a fan, so it was up for grabs and as you can see, I grabbed it.



Now, I'm no stranger to tea, but I've never tackled loose leaf, so I was a bit mystified as to how it works.  I figured you dump some in your water, strain it out, and then drink yo' drank and try your darndest to avoid the floaty particles that didn't quite make it out.  But, apparently, there's an easier way!  My lovely mother gave me a thingy to use!  I don't know what they're called and I don't know how to use it, but by golly it can't be that hard-- it's just a bag and a little stick.  I'll puzzle it out later tonight and maybe update y'all on my success (or, more likely, complete failure.  Either way).


As well as the tea thingermagoober, I came back from school after a weekend at home, arms filled with groceries.  Shout out to the greatest parents in the world.  Yogurt and hummus and fruit galore!  Here's a view of my heavenly mini fridge.  You may have to shield your eyes from the beauty.


And then, almost immediately after walking back into the dorm, my friend MacKenzie gave me a stale box of Honey Graham Oh's from before winter break that she was going to throw out.  Little did she know, stale Honey Graham Oh's taste even better than fresh ones (as far as I know).
HA!  JOKE'S ON YOU, MACKMACK.


In summary:
The good news: free cereal!
The bad news: I ate most of it already.  It was too good to stop.
More good news: I went to the gym afterwards, so no harm done.
More bad news: Right after that, Sarah and Connor needed help finishing their pasta.  I felt obliged to help.
But no fear, more good news: I've got a fridge full o' healthy crap, so health(ier) eating begins NAAOWWW.
So.... the good and bad even out sorta.  Whatever.


P.S. If you didn't get the Little Shop of Horrors reference in the title of this post, we can no longer be friends.  Actually, we can still be friends, I'll just force you to listen to the soundtrack with me until you can recite all the lyrics.  Okay, bye.

1 comment: