Friday, February 17, 2012

The early bird gets the sushi.

Wellllllll, since I've been so sick lately, I think it's time to step back from eating from the trash for a bit.  While I have no problem eating other people's food, I never really stop to consider the bajillion germs that are probably festering all over it, waiting for me to ingest them.  Sigh.  Time for me to start thinking about hygiene and contagious viruses and other grown-up stuff.

I may be taking a break from trash-picking, but that doesn't mean I can't find other ways to get free food!  Here's the greatest discovery of my life: the Cyber Cafe in the library gets rid of all perishable food at 2:30 pm on Fridays.  Since they close for the weekend, tons of stuff gets tossed so that it doesn't stink up the place by Monday.  This means that if you get there at juuuust the right time, you can score sushi, bruised fruit, yogurts, whatever they've got.

This week, the pickings were slim-- I got there late.  I still managed to snag some bananas though, and that's good enough for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment