Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Beans EVERYWHERE.

It's 2 am.  You might be wondering why the heck I'm up so late...  And the answer to that question is: MEXIGLOP.  Most of tonight (i.e. 8 pm-present) has been spent eating bean dip/ cleaning up bean dip/ making bean puns.  Mexiglop is a (not so) secret family recipe that involves dumping ingredients into a pan and heating them up.  Easy enough for me not to screw up, but just barfy-looking enough for people to assume that I did screw up.  Please enjoy the following photo of my lovely roommate, Madeline, gettin' creative with the bean dip.

(Note: I did not find this mexiglop in the trash, and therefore it has no place in my blog, but I make the rules and I say beans are welcome any time.  Also, if this bean crap looks good to you, I'll gladly indulge the secret recipe because beans should not be kept secret.)

Anywhoozle! Now for the trashy stuff!  Found a half-full bag of puffy Cheetos in the kitchen trash.  I was too full on mexiglop to eat any of them, but tomorrow's a new day, folks.  Let's hope they're not stale or soggy!

It was an exciting day for the Health and Wellness dorm... there was a (ruined) surprise engagement party, which I regret not being able to attend (I was in beanland...).  On the upside though, there was a humongo cake that no one could finish, so someone hoisted it on up to floor 3 and said "let them eat cake!"  And we attacked it with vigor and reckless abandonment.  I must confess, I didn't actually eat any of the actual cake, but I did eat boatloads of the frosting, which is the best part because it's pure sugar.  A lot of people couldn't handle the amount of frosting stacked on top of that cake, but I can handle anything and therefore ended up eating way too much of it.  Oh, and no one actually said "let them eat cake," (including Marie Antoinette).

I wish I had taken a picture of the cake before it was demolished.  This was the sad little piece left at the end.  And then I swiped the frosting off of it.

Oh, and then this happened too.  Valentine's Day candy was on sale at the Marche for 50 cents, and I'm not one to pass up a disgusting bag of chalky hearts, so obviously I had to buy it.  They were terrible, as expected, as you can tell by this picture.  But with messages like "tweet me" and "U rock," I was sufficiently impressed.







1 comment: