Friday, February 24, 2012

The Meaning of Life.

Fact: When life gets you down, just look in the trash and all your problems will be solved.

Supporting paragraph: Last night I found a bouquet of carnations in the trash.  Thursdays are my terrible class days where it's pretty much non-stop class from 10-7pm, so I'm always wiped out, brain dead, and not in the very best of moods when I get back to the dorms.  But finding a bouquet of flowers in the trash completely brightened the day.  Hallelujah for people who throw flowers away for seemingly no reason!  They're now in an empty tomato sauce jar I also found in the kitchen, brightening up the room.
You can just see the corner of the trash bin that I pulled these lovely flowers out from.  Aww.

Second supporting paragraph: I found a cannoli today.  Specifically, in a box from Mike's Pastry from the shop in Hanover, Boston.  There it was sitting right on top, with a huge intact cannoli inside.  I've never actually had a cannoli, so I don't know how they're supposed to taste, but I tried it anyway.  And it was yucky.  So I threw it away again.  But the point is, I came, I saw, I could've conquered, but chose not to. 


Conclusion: The kitchen garbage can is actually just a treasure chest of unwanted goodness set out to make me happy.  




3 comments:

  1. haha, I'm laughing so hard right now. The flowers were a brilliant find, however MAYBE just MAYBE there was a reason the Cannoli was thrown in the trash.
    WE should guest post on each other's blogs.
    Mine is:
    http://feelinggoodinthecollegehood.blogspot.com/

    I'm just starting out, so I don't have as many posts or views as you do yet. Good luck! and talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH, I'd be down for some guest posting! I do live in the Health and Wellness dorm-- definitely have some material. You'd have to try out the trashy thing though, which I know you're iffy about, hahaha.

      Delete
    2. After reading more of your blog I'm actually down for some of it! I'm really impressed how you find all this food. Especially the packaged food like the cliff bars, etc. Why do people throw that out? it isn't even outdated. And plus, most outdated food that is packaged is fine anyway (just take a small bite or smell it first).
      I would definitely like to get some tips on trash discoveries.
      Also, have you been dumpster diving before? You know bearded zach right? He's a pro! He brought back a whole bag of lake champlain chocolates once! so good!

      Delete