Thursday, February 23, 2012

Garbage-y Stuff on the Interwebz

Well, here I am, sitting in a 3 hour lecture class.  I've already taken a nap (during which I apparently made weird noises, thereby horrifically embarrassing myself.  Way to go, Caney), I've already exhausted the new content on my normal website circuit,  I've already tried to focus and take notes (to no avail), so what's a terribly bored girl to do?  Obviously, it's time to troll the interwebz for random bits of trashy goodness.  Here's what came up:

1.  An article from the UVM Cynic newspaper that I've been meaning to post.
http://www.vermontcynic.com/life/deep-dig-serves-up-half-eaten-meal-1.2701438

Hey look, guys, I'm not the only one doing it!  This Patrick Dowd fellow has really got it down.  I especially loved the part about his relationship with the Brennan's employees.  He's not welcome to trash-pick in some places, but at least he's a good sport about it.
On the other hand though, the Cynic paper is the Water Tower's rival and I'm an unwavering follower of the Water Tower.  A couple weeks ago, I wrote an article for the Water Tower about guidelines for eating from the trash and whaddaya know-- a week later, the cynic comes out with this article about pretty much the same exact thing.  Hmm...suspicious?  Coincidence?  Whatever.  Trash is trash, we can all share.

2. A fantastic t-shirt (courtesy of my friend Bry), PERFECT for my kinda trash-eatin'.  So expensive, though.  I'm a thrift shopper through and through and cannot justify spending more than $2 for a shirt, so... ah well.

http://funnytshirtsfunnyquotes.spreadshirt.com/dumpster-diver-A8150892

3.  I meant to post this many lightyears ago, aka-- the very beginning of this blog, but alas, things came up. But recently, Portlandia has been rediscovered on my Netflix instant watch, so I was once again reminded of this hilarious little sketch.  So cute.  The sweater...the soupy koala bear... gah, too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment