Tuesday, February 14, 2012

More Valentine's Trashy Goodness!

First of all, made a trip to Ben and Jerry's after hearing rumors of free cones between the hours of 5 and 8pm.  Lo and behold, it was true!  They were giving out scoops of Americone Dream-- vanilla base with fudge covered waffle cone pieces and caramel swirls.  Basically heaven.  It was awkward ordering though... "I'd like an Americone cone, please."  Sounds redundant, but...is it?  I DON'T KNOW.  At least I didn't curtsy this time (the same guy I curtsied for before was working, but I don't think he remembered me.  Thank Jesus).


Then, came home to find sympathy cookies from the residential-life staff.  Our floor's RA left after the first semester, so we've been without one for a couple months.  Nothing has changed-- we're all still docile, innocent, non-rebellious college kids, but res-life feels the need to shower us with apologies and free food.  SWEET.  So there were two large boxes of assorted Valentines Day cookies.  They tasted like cardboard, but at least they were sparkly.


Then came a completely non-Valentine's Day-related find: my roommate, Madeline,  did a wonderful job burning her bagel and then threw it in the garbage, as is the fate of most burnt bagels.  Little did she know, I LOVE burnt things.  And then she watched in horror as I dug it out of the trash and nommed it right there.  Look at that excited, pink eye-infected, pre-gym, happy face.  Life is good.


Overall, I'd call this a very successful Valentine's Day.  I fucking LOVE this holiday.  I love pink, I love dressing up like a color-themed weirdo, I love chocolate, I love annoyingly in-your-face sappiness, I love watching people receive corny gifts, I love receiving corny gifts, I even love appreciating the people who despise Valentine's Day.  I'm gonna go ahead and say it's actually one of my favorite holidays.  Yep.  Said it.  Proud of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment