Sunday, April 29, 2012

Death by Butterbeer.

I went home today to do boring stuff like laundry and more laundry and blah blah blah.  One of the highlights of the day though-- BUTTERBEER.  Over spring break, my family galavanted off to Florida without me and went to Harry Potter World.  They came back raving about the butter beer and the Harry Potter-ness of it all.  It was sad and rub-in-my-face-y.  

But then, my dear mother made up for it by finding a recipe for butterbeer and making it herself!  I completely expected it to taste like magic and henceforth be able to wave a wand and make shit move and/or avada kedavra my way out of sticky situations.  

Here I am, before the whirlwind of stomach cramps hit.
Look how happy and unsuspecting I am...

Unfortunately, it tasted kinda yucky and made me feel even yuckier.  It's basically made with heavy cream, sugar, and soda, so....LOTS O' DAIRY.  I haven't had any dairy products for quite a while, so I'm not feelin' so hot.  Butterbeer was not the greatest idea... I commend Harry & friends for chugging them on a regular basis.  Excuse me while I go throw up in some corner of Diagon Alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment