Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Free tastes so good :D

There is absolutely nothing I love more than free food.  That's kind of a lie, I also really love twisty barstools, leaving voicemails, winking at old people, etc etc.  There are a lot of things I love, but free food is definitely up there near the top of the list.  That being said, when I heard it was free burrito day at Boloco, I was happier than a platypus in a swimming pool.  I'm not one hundred percent positive that platypuses like swimming pools, but for the sake of my over-excited rantings, just flow with me, eh?

Since Boloco is one of my most favoritest of favorite restaurants in good ol' Beantown, I just had to find time to go.  Sarah, Katherine, and I set out on our burrito quest right after class at 11:30am.  I was on a tight schedule-- had to make it to an eye appointment by 1:15pm.  So I, being the car-privileged sophomore that I am, drove us downtown to save time.  The sight of the line stopped us cold.  It was one of those "what the flying FUCK" moments where you question your dedication to free food and all that is holy.  Take a look at this ridiculous line:


Yeah.  Holy shit, right?  Right.  But we braved it, determined gals that we are!  We got in that line!  We stood in that line!  We waltzed along at 0.00045mph in that line!  I don't think "waltzed" is quite the right word, but it sounds pleasant!  Which it was!  We ended up spending 40 minutes in line before ordering.  Not bad, considering how far back we were.  

Me n' Katherine with free shit.

I was worried about not being able to order a burrito (cuz o' da gluten, yaaaa), but hey!  I got a rice bowl instead!  It was fantastic.  I got the "classic Mexican" with rice, beans, salsa, fajita veggies, and guacamole.  Ope, I think I'm drooling again.  If I didn't have crap to do, I woulda gotten back in line.  For realzies, though.  So serious.
Katherine got a chicken caesar wrap and Sarah got a mediterranean burrito.  YUMZ.  

Here's Sarah lookin' all cute and whatnot.
This girl was made to model burritos.

We finished eating, headed back up the hill, with just enough time to run to my appointment.  SHA-ZAM.  Mission accomplished.


No comments:

Post a Comment