Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sometimes, the timing is perfect.

Several days ago, I found a singular packet of hot chocolate mix in a trash bin (located on a different dorm floor.  I'm branching out, guys!).  Normally, I'm all over that shit, but I dunno what happened.  I promptly forgot about it and making hot chocolate left the forefront of my mind.


Then today, a friend of mine was going to throw out a half-full (half-empty if you're a pessimist, which I am not, so we'll go with half-full) bag of marshmallows, but asked me if I wanted it first.  And everyone knows you can't turn down a bag of marshmallows.  It's practically a sin.  Anyway, so I took the marshmallows even though they're kinda stale and weirdly gooey at the same time.  Whatever.


It was at that moment that I remembered the packet of hot chocolate I had found.  Is this fate?  Why am I so lucky?  Hot chocolate AND marshmallows from the trash?  WHAT IS THIS MAGIC.  So I went on a quest to find my packet of hot chocolate and in the semi-organized mess that is my living space, I found it underneath my desk.  Huzzah.

This made my night and possibly my entire Wednesday.  'Cuz Wednesdays suck, y'all.  I advise you to go crack open that dumpster lid and find yourself a hot chocolate packet.  That's what I did, and look how well it turned out.  Happiness all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment