Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pre-garbage Food

This blog seems to be having a huge impact on the few people reading it since I started it less than a week ago.  A mystical change has overcome my dorm hall.  They're much more conscious about what they're throwing away.  Now, people will offer me things they were just going to toss.  The entire throwing-something-in-the-garbage process is skipped and the food goes straight to me.  Man, what service!  It started a few days ago when a lovely girl on my hall offered me a loaf of rye bread she wasn't going to eat.  Last night, a bunch of friends and I went out to dinner and one girl couldn't finish her chicken wrap.  I'm a vegetarian, so instead of offering it to me, she threw it away and apologized for being so wasteful.  I've seen a few guilty looks when I happen to see someone put something in the garbage.  And I received more pre-garbage food tonight!  What's going on here?!  I hardly even need to look in the trash now to eat well.  It's funny what a few blog posts can do over the course of several days.

Tonight's charitable food donations to my stomach fund: vegetable quiche and some sort of mushroom barley whatsit.  Thank you, my no-longer-wasteful-but-still-picky-eaters-friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment