Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Caney Demars: ruining hair since 2009.

Several times a year, upon request, I cut hair.  Usually my dad's or my brother's, but sometimes my friends' or my dog's or whoever's willing to let me go at them with a pair of skizzies.  You never really know how it's gonna turn out with me, so there have been some iiiiiinteresting haircuts.

This was my first haircut ever.  My dad turned out looking kind of like Moe from the Three Stooges. From then on, it was decided I would be the resident hair-cutter.  Caney Demars: ruining hair since 2009.


Today's haircut was pretty memorable.  My dad flaunted a poorly-formed mohawk for a while and wanted to keep it, but I, being the ever-so logical one, buzzed it off because he had a client coming to work with him.  Who wants to look like a pre-pubescent boy going through a punk phase when you're trying to look professional?  Oh right, that would be my dad.


 One time I left him a little rat tail and waited to see how long it took my mom to notice.  That tail lasted about .7 seconds.  We all agreed that it was cute, though.


 Another time, I left half of his head unshaved.  Such a good look for him.


My dad is pretty much the only one who trusts me completely with his hair.  You're probably wondering why that is.  Is it because I'm his loving daughter?  No.  Is it because I always do such a wonderful job?   That's definitely not it.  Is it because he's too cheap to go to the barber? YEP.  That, and the fact that his confidence is so sky high he doesn't give a flying fuck if there are a few bald patches now and then.  

Moral of the story? We should all learn from my dad and stop being so gosh darn self conscious.  ...Sometimes it's embarrassing how many fucks that man doesn't give, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment