Saturday, June 2, 2012

Cape, cakes, and pancakies!

It's been quite a day over here.  At the top of my to-do list was to make a cape.  And so make a cape, I did!  The good news: It didn't turn out looking shitty.  It looks like an actual cape, which is a miracle in itself.  The bad news: I'm an idiot and used a pattern for toddlers.  The cape goes down to my waist, as opposed to my ankles where it should be.  And I didn't even make it for me-- I made it for someone who's over 6 feet tall... Awkward.


Next on the list was drunk kitchen.  We didn't end up doing the drinking part of drunk kitchen because it wasn't even afternoon yet, so we ended up just doing the kitchen part.  Whatever, it was still a blast and a half.  How can you not have fun making POTATO PANCAKES?!  I picked up the mix at school during Passover because all that Jewish food looked new and intriguing.  I hadn't used it yet, so why not today!?  


They were harder to cook than we expected...mostly my fault.  I used about a cup and a half more oil in the pan than I should have and I might not've even read the directions on the package.  I had Linnea do most of the flipping because she's a more capable human being than I.

Here's the finished product: dinky and cute.  Potato-y and pancake-y.


Aaaand then they sucked.  Well, I suppose they weren't that bad, but they were pretty soaked with oil and tasted like old McDonald's hash browns.  But really, I mean what was I actually expecting?  I should've guessed that this little $3 box of Passover potato stuff wasn't going to fulfill my dreams of the perfect pancakes.


At least Linnea looks cute with her "yuck" face.


And then, to make up for the crappy pancakkies, we made cake.  Actually, they were brownies, but for the sake of the cute rhyme-y title of this post, we'll call it cake.  Thankfully, we made it from a mix where all that was needed was an egg and a cup of water.  Even I can't mess that up. 

Again, please appreciate me looking weird and demon-like and then Linnea looking adorable.  Story of my life, y'all.



How is it possible for a girl and a brownie to look so damn good together?!  I don't normally suggest this, but I think maybe she should consider marrying that chunk of deliciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment