Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Workin' on my NIGHT CHEESE.

I suspect most of you know all about night cheese.  And for those of you who don't, it's a wonderful thing and should be practiced regularly.  Here, watch this:


If you were too lazy to watch that 17 second clip (I don't blame you, staring at a video is hard work), basically what happens is Tina has a late-night cheesy snack attack and then plays it off like she was sleeping when Jack knocks on her door.  Classic.

Cheese is the most major craving I've had since giving up dairy.  I've been deprived of my night cheese and DAMMIT, I wanted it back!  Until-- dun dun duuuun-- my dad came home from the grocery store today with a bag of THIS: 


That's right, folks, soy-based shredded cheese made with vegetables.  YUUUMMMM....?  I worked on my night cheese around 1am, prime snackin' time.  Everything tastes better late at night, but this stuff was actually more appetizing than it sounds.  Has a bit of a different aftertaste, but I ate it by itself so maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge.

--BUT WAIT.  After stuffing my face with night cheese for a little while, I finally came up for air and glanced at the nutrition facts, where I thought my eyes deceived me.  For there, the second ingredient on the list, was casein-- a dried skim milk thingy.  This stuff contains milk!  GWARGH.  My happy night cheese quickly went awry.   

So here I am, 1:45am, cautiously awaiting any unpleasant dairy symptoms.  Fuck you, night cheese-- I give you endless praise and all I get in return is a stomach ache.  


3 comments: