Monday, June 4, 2012

Cozy Fingies.

The day started off on an unusually exciting note when I checked facebook (first thing in the morning because c'mon, who doesn't love some pre-breakfast stalking) and saw that the Donomar Inn was having a yard sale.  I LOVE the Donomar Inn (it's currently owned by my high school AP English teacher and her partner, but they're now trying to sell it.  On the off-chance that anyone reading this is looking to buy the cutest little B&B that you ever did see, check it out).  In high school, my class went on a little congratulations-you-survived-AP-English outing to the Inn and I immediately fell in luuuurve.  It's a beautiful old Victorian filled with sunshine and knick knacks and vintage furniture and themed rooms and OH MY GOSH I wish I could buy it.
So anyway.  Due to my love for both the Inn and its owners, I was pretty wicked excited and was all set to hop in my car and roll on over when I realized that I already had plans and wouldn't be able to make it.   Ohhh, the disappointment!  Ohhh, the despair!  I wallowed for a while and then watched the first 15 minutes of Cheetah Girls to cheer me up (let's be real here, nothin' cheers me up more than a bunch of tweens decked out in fake fur with nasally singing voices).

And then, by some great stroke of luck, my mother ended up in the general vicinity of the Inn and she needed very little convincing (ahem, begging) to go check out the yard sale.  So check it out, she did and ended up coming home with patio furniture, decorating ideas, and a couple of wonderful accessories picked out just for me by Ms. Donovan herself.  (Side note: Ms. Donovan, if you're reading this, I know you'd want us to call you Moira now, but I just don't think that'll ever happen).

After a long day of play rehearsal and then a ridiculously long shift at work, I came home to these fantastic new additions to my dress-up box.  The first is a beautiful hand-crocheted scarf.  Tres grandma-chic.  I haven't taken it off yet.


The second is a pair of royal blue velvet gloves with sequin embroidery.  I just about died when I saw them.  There was a split second where I wished I could go back to that black hole of a high school experience and redo the prom thang to wear these babies. (High school wasn't really a black hole (that was middle school, fo realz), but I would never want to relive it.  Shudder).  As soon as I put them on, I felt infinitely more elegant and instantly became the most sophisticated-looking person in the room.  Granted, the only other one in the room was Callie, our limpy dog, but hey.  I'll take it.


To summarize:
1) Next time you see me, I'll probably be wearing blue gloves.
2) Go check out the Donomar Inn's yard sale!  It'll be going on for a few weekends.  I'll probably be going.  Hollaaa if ya wanna carpool.
3) THANK YOU MUCHO, MS. DONOVAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment