Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wokin' and framin' and shirt wearin'

AMAZING finds yesterday! First off, I found a really nice two-handled wok hanging out of the overflowing dumpster next to my apartment. It was so full I was afraid if I grabbed the pan there would be an avalanche and I would die under a giant mass of garbage. Actually, that would be an okay way to go. But I took my chances, didn't die, and got a wok outta the deal!  Unfortunately, the dumpster was so out of control I didn't dare go further in for fear of touching icky things.  Anywho, the pan's a bit large, but I'm hoping I'll be able to bring it to my teensy apartment when I move in a couple weeks from now. I'm gonna stir-fry everything. EVERYTHING.  



My next big find was this humongo picture frame. I want to make one of those DIY frame jewelry holders with it using chickenwire. Summaaaa project! Right now it's painted a mottled/flecked gold and I want to repaint it a little bit snazzier.  I was thinking electric blue. Or maybe just regular blue. Maybe not blue at all.... I'll letcha know how it goes.

Everything I'm wearing in the picture below was also found. Snagged a couple pairs of funktastic sunnies, and few Nike workout shirts (thank goodness, workout motivation!).  Another cool find that I didn't take pictures of are a few lacy tanks from Zenana, an Indian company that handmakes clothing for sustainable fashion.  I absolutely love the shirts, but haven't quite figured out how to wear them. They're too long to be a regular shirt, too short to be a dress or a tunic. Hmm. I'll be experimenting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment