Monday, May 6, 2013

JACKPOT WEEK

Finals week is simultaneously the best and worst week of the year.  It's stressful as all get-out and I sort of feel like just keeling over and dying (6 exams total, GUH), but on the other hand, everyone is moving out and the semester's over and summer is HERE and (the best part) everyone is getting rid of shit. I make daily trips to the dumpster during finals week in hopes of finding gold.  I scored hard today. It almost makes up for the fact that I'm pretty sure I bombed my music theory final this morning. WHATEVA.

Find #1: two flannel shirts. These babies are NICE. The brown one is prAna brand, which is in the neighborhood of $100 shirts. (WHAT THA HECK, privileged college students throwing away yoga-brand clothing?! I'll take it!) The blue one is not a noteworthy brand, but who da eff cares, it's comfy and colorful and I'm gonna snuggle the crap out of it.


 Next, I found a reversible duvet cover.  I didn't even have to go digging for this one, it was laying right outside the dumpster.  I can't tell if it's a full or a twin, but I'll make use of it anyway!


Shirt with biiiiiirds on it.  Definitely wearing this to work... which is kind of ironic because I'll be working in a semi-professional office this summer and have to dress nicely. I find all my work clothes in the dumpster, HAHAHAH


These were my favorite finds.  Not one, but TWO blue floppy hats and a little white shoulder shrug. When I first pulled the sweater thing out, I thought it was doll clothing and almost threw it back in, but figured I could donate it somewhere instead. NOPE, turns out it's my new favorite piece of clothing because now I can wear all my sleeveless dresses to work.  WAHOOOOZA


Found these boots with the tissue paper still balled up in the toes. Seriously, guys?! Who throws away a new, never-worn pair of boots?! I'm appalled. And disappointed that they're a size too small. (Up for grabs, if anyone wants them!)


These ones fit though!


...And it's only Monday. Let the week of non-stop dumpster diving begin!

3 comments:

  1. Where is this glorious place you get all of this from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here and there. This was a combo of a couple dumpsters on Redstone.

      Delete