Thursday, May 9, 2013

MEXICALI. PANTS. HECK YES.

In today's episode of Caney-gets-dowwwwn-in-the-dumpster, I stumbled upon enough clothes to outfit me for at least a week.  People are starting to move out and instead of throwing their clothes in the donation bins, they just throw them straight into the garbage.  Cool.  Here's the run-down of today's dumpster finds:

3 pairs of pants
1 pair of workout shorts
1 skirt 
1 dress
3 cardigans/jackets
8 shirts
Storage cube
Dinner

Since spring sprung a couple weeks ago, I've been seeing a lot of those weird short-in-the-front, long-in-the-back skirts and was kinda hankering for one but didn't wanna drop an exorbitant amount of money to look like everyone else.  Lo and behold, I found one in the trash!  Dreams DO come true.  Also featured in this picture is a lacy/silky crop top with a slight rip. A couple stitches and it'll be good to go! I'm feelin' miiiiiighty stylish!


My next favorite find was these PANTS.  Holy WOW I love these pants.  They're from Mexicali Blues and I'm gonna wear the ever-living daylights out of them.  I'm going to wear these with my birkies and hang out at Muddy Waters alllllll summer.  (Also, you can't tell, but the top is a Forever 21 crop top with a really cool cut-out back.)


I also found a perfectly wonderful biddie dress. I wanted to take a picture of it, but taking pictures in such a curve-hugging dress is a bit too risque for me, so I just threw some some chins in therrrr. Problem solved. Sexiness gone.


Another mega-find-- 2 pairs of Lucky brand jeans. 1 pair fit like a dream and the other pair was a size 2, soooo..... hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah...ha.  Anywho.  Found the black tank top and beautifully knitted cardigan too.


This storage cube is the only thing I didn't find in the dumpster.  I found it outside one of the dorm buildings in the "take it or leave it" section where people can get rid of stuff they don't wanna take home with them.  Perfect my teensy little apartment! Seating AND storage!  MIRACLE OF MIRACLES!


Another miracle of miracles, I found an unopened cna of my favorite soup.  (I kid you not, Amy's is my favorite organic canned soup and I eat the lentil kind at least once a week.)  DINNER IN DA DUMPSTAAAA


Aaaaand once more. Another crop top.


I didn't take pictures of everything because I still have one more final and even taking time to write this blog post is stressing me out.  I must go. Go check out your nearest dumpster.

3 comments: