Thursday, October 3, 2013

Expensive things covered in beer!

Yo, folks. It's been a while, but I'm BAAAAACK with dumpster finds betta than eva.  Things have been slow because I have a fancy job that requires fancy clothes and I'd probably get sent home if I smelled anything less than fancy.  Also, I have just about everything I could possibly want (brag alert) so digging isn't really a priority. But enough with my excuses, I got lucky recently and howz aboot I tell y'all about it, eh?

A few weeks ago there was a mega rager in one of the apartments above me, complete with hired DJ and people trying to use my bathroom-sized apartment as a bathroom. It was a great time. Long story short, the cops came, things got quiet, I went to bed grumpy and woke up grumpy.  The one redeeming factor: a couple days later I came across this abandoned beer-soaked Patagonia tucked alongside the driveway. It was disgusting. But then I washed it and it became a fuzzy, un-beer-soaked, perfect-fitting snuggle pullover. Happiness is finding a severely maltreated pullover and claiming it as your own to love and to pull over until death do us part.



Also, I stole those Ben and Jerry's sunglasses from my brother mid-summer and every time he asks me where they are I change the subject.  HERE THEY ARE, NOT GIVING THEM BACK, NOT SORRY EITHER

The next big find was the most enormous sweater I've ever seen.  Found it in a bag of old painting clothes someone had put out with the weekly trash.  It reaches almost all the way to my knees and the turtleneck/boatneck portion can also be flipped up as a hood. This sweater is MASSIVE and just screams to be curled up in with tea and John Cusack movies. And that's exactly what I'm doing tonight. (P.S. Check out my teensy apartment! That's pretty much all there is to see...)


It's so massive, you can fit 2 people no problemo. Maybe even 3! or 4! ...Or maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. Ben and Jerry's Sunglasses are awesome...However, can you even eat anything from there...?

    ReplyDelete